Sunday, March 25, 2012

When I'm old, I better be somewhat deaf.

I've come to the realization that by the time I'm old, I better be at least partially deaf; or I am fuckin' doin' it all wrong. If there's no hearing loss, that means I didn't see enough live rock'n'roll, shoot enough guns, manage to end up in places with explosions, or ended up getting a real man's job, like working in a machine shop. I was at the Skylark Lounge earlier tonight, seeing the Chuck Hughes Band. So I can say this isn't a goal on which I have overwhelmingly procrastinated.

I was at a certain, massive facility in the downtown area where I struck some gear with two union hands. I lucked out and got the two best union cats down there. The tall guy, whom I've known for years, constantly asked me to repeat myself. "Oh yeah, Pete. I pretty much deaf in one ear."

Fuck Yeah. I know how he got his hearing loss. And to that I say "FUCK YEAH".

No comments: